Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Damage Protection / Player At Home Explanation

Damage Protection / Player At Home Explanation

Hello Commanders,

We've noticed that there is some confusion amongst the community regarding Damage Protection, and not being able to attack certain players when you want to.

Damage protection can be acquired one of three ways:

1.) When first starting the game, you'll automatically get a period of free damage protection.
    2.) Purchasing Shields from the Store using Gold (shields come in a variety of lengths ranging from 24 hours to 28 days).
    3.) Your base suffering a major attack from another player.

You will also be unable to attack another player if that player is currently logged in to the game. Please note that we do have some very dedicated players who play long hours. Before suspecting that they might be cheating in some way, try checking their base at different times during the day.

Furthermore, please note that for server performance reasons, the state of other players' bases is only updated when they log out. If you are viewing a player's base while the base owner is at home, you are not seeing the immediate, up to date repair status of their buildings and units - you are seeing what they saw the moment they logged in.

Thanks, Commanders! Happy hunting!
    Last edited by bh-dan; 12-18-2016 at 04:36 PM.

I've noticed that DP only is awarded if the Harvesters, Storages, or CC are destroyed. If a player has the time to play, they can send in uncountable waves, with longer cooldown times between, as long as they control their units, and avoid hitting the above mentioned targets, Possibly allowing a player twenty levels below to destroy a good portion of an enemy base. Please note, possibly, not likely.

Good insight, srkiesser! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by srkiesser1 View Post
    I've noticed that DP only is awarded if the Harvesters [...]
    I have NEVER triggered any kind of protection when I only attacked Harvesters on a rival base.

Also, recently, I've been attacked 10 times in a row by someone who dealt mostly with my Harvesters... As far as I'm concerned, by viewing the battle log, I noticed very short cooldown periods between all 10 attacks and I got strictly no protection from that. The 10 attacks occurred during the night (when I was sleeping), but I found the situation quite aliennish: I didn't know cooldown periods between more than 2 attacks could be so short, and I didn't know that - now - the attacker could see the timer!

So it means that we MUST have our Storage buildings or CC destroyed in order to be granted protection from an attack.
    Clearly the bumblebee flies, the equations just didn't show it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lacerta View Post
    I have NEVER triggered any kind of protection when I only attacked Harvesters on a rival base.

Also, recently, I've been attacked 10 times in a row by someone who dealt mostly with my Harvesters... As far as I'm concerned, by viewing the battle log, I noticed very short cooldown periods between all 10 attacks and I got strictly no protection from that. The 10 attacks occurred during the night (when I was sleeping), but I found the situation quite aliennish: I didn't know cooldown periods between more than 2 attacks could be so short, and I didn't know that - now - the attacker could see the timer!

So it means that we MUST have our Storage buildings or CC destroyed in order to be granted protection from an attack.
    Corect me if i'm wrong but to get exp you need to capture res when you raid a base so it stands to reason that biuldings that contain res are the ones that give damage protection.Unlike the old system that awarded DP and exp for all damage, to all biuldings and units.

This player 2334647 in Outlands 16 @ 166,163 continually gets 24 hour data protection day after day. They have their friends attack there base just after the 24 hour DP expires. The game specifically states "Your base may be randomly awarded Damage Protection after your base suffers an attack". I mean 24 hour DP day after day for weeks. I've been playing this game for years and have never seen this happen. This is how they protect their PVP points. This has been reported by many players and nothing has been done about it other then we"ll look into it. No response to this issue means you're excepting cheats.

Hi Ed - We'll check into this case. In the mean time, have you considered relocating to a region with stronger anti-alt/anti-DP protection, like Lowlands 1 and Highlands 1?

Thanks and please let us know of the outcome. Also don't want to relocate as this is our homeland and want to stay with the rest of the clan.

Never heard back from you and assume you'll do nothing about the cheating that goes on every day. This issue has been reported by numerous players with backup information and all we get is lip service. If that's the case then I'll let global know and that the game now supports cheating. Thanks for your continued lip service.

Hi Ed, I apologize but this is not something that can be changed in an instant. Please understand that this issue is larger than it seems and requires careful planning. Remember that the issue is regarding alternative accounts which are basically Facebook accounts. We do not have access to their systems and no perfect counter-ALT method to implement at this time as Facebook accounts aren't products of BH, we are only providing games to these accounts.

I know this issue is becoming frustrating and it frustrates us as well but we are doing what we can. Managing these accounts is a huge challenge. It's like asking your cable guy to fix the plumbing in your house. Please share more of your patience. We are still observing and planning.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast