Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Promotion: Share your best new player tip

Battlehouse Inc.

Promotion: Share your best new player tip

What tips would you have for new players? First 10 players who post a high quality answer receive a 10-pack of bunker buster missiles through the in-game mail system. Post your submission below!

Please include your player ID so we can send you the special promotion.

UPDATED 6/10/2014: This posting changed from a contest with a randomly drawn winner to a promotion with free prizes.
    Last edited by Michael Hall; 06-16-2014 at 10:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Hall View Post
    Limited Time Contest:

What tips would you have for new players? High quality answer chosen at random will receive a 10-pack of bunker buster missiles through the in-game mail system. Post your submission below!
    Advice: Take advantage of the free one week of damage protection that you're given when you first start your account. Use this time complete as many single player AI battles as you can, and spend the rewards on upgrading your bases defenses as much as possible. When the one week of damage protection wears off, you want to make sure that you have your maximum number of defensive buildings in place so that you can stand up to any PvP attacks that will subsequently come your way.

Thanks for the contest, SpinPunch! I could really use those 10 missiles!!!

Definitely go through the tutorial missions as you learn a lot about building your base! Would be great to win those missiles

(PLAYER I.D. 2956106) New players should go through the tutorial missions first. Try and keep your offenses and defenses even. The best targets to attack are lower ranked players - especially if they do not belong to a clan, because a clan can gang up on you in retaliation. Sometimes you can attack a player who has a base located far away - and they will be too lazy to strike back because it takes too long for their battalions to reach you. Always attack with several battalions because it's unlikely that you will defeat an opponent with one or two battalions. Play often so that you can collect your fuel and supplies. Look on the outside edges (away from your base) for hidden drop boxes of gold, fuel and supplies. Learn how to use the "shortcuts" to have better control over your attacking battalions. When you get attacked (while you're away), the repairs don't start until you play the game again, so play often - this way if your base is destroyed you can start rebuilding sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Hall View Post
    What tips would you have for new players? First 10 players who post a high quality answer receive a 10-pack of bunker buster missiles through the in-game mail system. Post your submission below!
    Upgrade your rifleman and kiowa to max while doing your attack single event Red Pole and Mr.Skilling. You dont need to attack the mortars and mg turrets when attacking those events. just destroy the depos, yards and ToC. Use your kiowa to lure the enemy's riflemen and air units to your battalion of rifleman, mortarman and machine gunners. After you killed those, your kiowa can kill other foot soldiers and tanks without having any damages.

Player ID : 3079434

new players should watch how people fight in map. look how people move their battalions around the map and around bases that they are hitting.

id 2064990

show respect

Respect other players. Its ok to trash talk some but there's a limit to how far one can go. Remember, If your new and the first thing you do is start talking about someones mother or the way the profile picture looks your going to become a farm. It is supposed to be a social game. Its also just a game so don't get mad if you do get hit, just hit them back and have fun with it, and don't forget to learn the unsaid rules of each map. Player ID 81548
    Last edited by ShadowWolf; 06-16-2014 at 03:15 AM. Reason: forgot player ID

player ID 3066037 I think with the learning of the game, with help from chat room , learned and ask questions does help.I'm a new player myself only a few weeks into this game.....Love the game....and could use a few missle....

I accidentally hit the post button twice.
    Last edited by raptor8989; 07-14-2014 at 11:58 PM.

Player ID 3160397

Advice:

Economics first. Build up your Supply/Fuel yards and Depots. You will be making tons of repairs and you need resources to complete the repairs

Units:
    1st Riflemen They are your main force.
    2nd Paladins (when your level is high enough to build) because these are the work horses of most players armies. Good defense, excellent range and strong attack. The main down side is very slow moving.
    3rd Cobras (when your level is high enough to build) I found them to be good at taking out armor/ other flying units. But keep away from infantry or they will be defeated very fast. They are my main stay for anti aircraft.
    4th Maybe Strykers because when I unlocked M2 Bradleys I do not use Strykers anymore. Do not spend a ton of resources leveling them up. Focus on leveling up the previous 3 units mentioned.

IMPORTANT: Do not be discouraged when your base is defeated. You will get a 1day+ shield. Use this time to keep building up your base.

I do not recommend building mines. They are ineffective for me.

I would not concentrate on leveling up MG towers or Mortar Emplacements. The best defense for not getting attacked is joining the right clan.

Do not be discouraged if you can not complete missions. Currently I am level 24 and TOC 4 and I am stuck on mission 18 of Maximilian.

I am playing Thunder Run through Knogregate.com so there might be differences on tactics if you are playing through another website.

Hope this is helpful!
    Last edited by raptor8989; 07-14-2014 at 11:57 PM. Reason: second of the same thread

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast