Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Feedback on how to improve SG

Consolidation of flasks in the warehouse (which I love the idea of, btw)
    You can easily have 3 slots taken up with 3,2,4, rather than 5,4.

The AI seems a lot better than a month ago, it still attacks walls that it really doesn't need to, mainly on diagonals.
    Example: A group will look directly through a gap at a building, move to attack. That building gets destroyed when they are just before the gap they were about to run through. They turn to their right/left to go to the next nearest building, which is a 45 degree angle away. They then chop down 1 or 2 walls instead of moving 2 squares forward, THEN turning to the next building.

I have noticed a difference in troops stopping attacking a wall once a breach has been made, this is good ;-)

Thanks Phoenix! I'll take this feedback to the team. Glad to hear the unit AI is making progress.

Just got word from the team that we've fixed the troop deployment buttons sliding underneath the "End Attack" button in narrow browser windows. They should now appear to the right of the "End Attack" button.

Confirmed troops no longer hide under the "end battle" button, the AI still needs "some" work

Longer version: I don't really care if the AI "sucks", as long as it does in a predictable manner, that is to say that if I can figure out how to exploit it (say by not having enclosed walls, using a checked pattern instead) then I am ok with it. Right now splash damage is way too powerful, as my hulks are smashing 1-3 walls they don't need to, which makes the difference between them getting to the tower and destroying it and me yelling at the computer. To make a helpful suggestion, perhaps the AI should consider "nodes". Thus is there is three towers entirely enclosed within walls, shaped in a L pattern, the AI would break into a "cell/node" then consider that it only needs to break ONE wall to get into the next cell, rather than working through several walls..
    (It is late at night, should that explanation not suffice, let me know and I will record some attacks to demonstrate)

I take it back. I HATE the AI.
    The best wall defense is scattering them like mines, without joining them AT ALL.
    I will give up this game if that doesn't improve, simply because it offends me that to have the best base I shouldn't enclose it and my OCD will not allow it.
    (my problem I know)

Thanks Phoenix, this is helpful feedback to take to the team. I have some info on how the unit AI currently works:

- First, if an appropriate target is available within a short-to-medium walking distance (including walking in a non-straight path around buildings or walls), then the unit goes after it.
    - If all appropriate targets are either enclosed by walls or require a long detour to reach, then the unit draws a straight line to the nearest appropriate target, and begins breaking walls/buildings along that line. Each time a wall goes down, the unit re-evaluates the situation.

The second step is slightly sub-optimal since the fastest way to reach a target might involve breaking a wall that is not along a straight-line path to it.
    Last edited by bh-dan; 04-04-2015 at 05:41 AM.

Thanks for the reply.
    May I present some constructive feedback, via this video.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3WTMCNyk1Q
    Most of the relevant action happens at the bottom.
    Initially, they seem to be ok, breaking down buildings that are in the way (although I am not sure they couldn't just walk past?)
    Then they break into an EMPTY cell of walls, when they could have walked 3 squares to the left and gone into a non-empty place.
    After breaking in, they then attack and break a wall they don't need to, lose that target and repeat the same mistake towards another target.
    Moving on they abandon the walls they are making sweet sweet love to and try another tower.
    Once there, they destroy the tower and start attacking a side wall for no apparent reason.

The routing around walls needs to be fixed, the fact that they DON'T preference towers in a meaningful way should be either explained, or make them ONLY attack towers. Essentially in this battle, I would have been better off simply using a row of cannon fodder at the front, then archers behind. The hulk were basically a complete waste of time.

hi dan,just a quick note on the hulks,i was on lvl27 of ralls quest and wen my hulks broke thru the wall they went straight to the next wall and started attacking it instead of going to the towers or other buildings..the wall was in-line with the towers so this may of affected how they attacked
    thanx for listening

kenny

the warlord is doing the same as the hulks,stopping up and attacks walls instead of attacking something that is useful to attack(towers,castle)so please get him fixed too,no use in an strong troop if he just stops to chop down walls,he should stop targeting walls as soon as he breaches it and go for the towers and other buildings,the walls is of no importance when he has made an breach in them! make him stop hitting the walls and do some real damage instead!

https://youtu.be/yflNWq9ZT1Q
    Irrational AND stupid. if they were predictably stupid, that might work..
    Again, check the bottom out, 2 groups, one smashes stupid walls, the other (almost) goes the right way.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast