Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EXPERIMENTAL Unit AI improvements (Hulk fix)

EXPERIMENTAL Unit AI improvements (Hulk fix)

UPCOMING:

As many of you are aware, our unit AI sometimes chooses the wrong walls to attack on the way to an enclosed target. This most often affects Hulks and other large melee units.

Our dev team has come up with a proposed solution that we think will fix this problem. We are deploying it as a Settings menu option for now, so we can get your feedback and decide if further changes might be necessary.

To enable the new unit AI, use the "EXPERIMENTAL Improved Unit AI" setting on the in-game Settings menu:

Turn it On to enable the fix. You can turn it Off at any time to go back to the old AI.
    Note: this setting affects your own units only, it does not affect enemy units that come to attack your base.

Please try this out and post here to let us know what you think!

hi dan,
    still having problems with hulk attacking walls instead of towers,i took a screenshot if that helps

Wow.

Video to follow, experimental AI is worse. Like, SUPER BAD.
    Video to be edited in when it finishes uploading etc.

Troops now randomly break off attacking building before they are destroyed to walk across the entire screen. Some of the ones left behind then freeze in place.

http://youtu.be/IJInCn2sVH4

Hulks will now walk back out through a gap, along the wall and break it down, if that is faster than smashing through several buildings (or so I assume by their actions)
    Which is good.

Or maybe just let them walk past buildings...

nah dan,im sori but my last 3 fights i have lost because the hulks decided they wanted to start making out with the walls,they had a str8 line with no obstacles to overcome and they attack the walls to go thru instead of proceeding to the tower which is right in front of them.../....help please :-)

Hulks had a choice to go for a close tower behind a damaged wall, or a further one behind an undamaged wall.
    2 guesses which one they went for? Your first guess does not count.

Pretty much given up on this game. Unless there is an improvement in AI and/or replays, I won't be back after a week.

Hi Phoenix - thanks for the video! Definitely looks like a bug there with the units stuck marching in place. I'll take this back to the team.

Hi Bloodrayne - Can you post a screenshot of a situation where the Hulks are attacking the wrong wall?

Update: thanks to the videos posted here, we've been able to make some additional tweaks that should reduce the chance of melee units getting stuck "marching in place". Please try the "EXPERIMENTAL Unit AI v2" option when you have a chance, and post about any further issues here. Appreciate your help!

Getting stuck is still occuring, no video. I didn't notice until the end. The troops were in the process of running around some walls to a target, that target was destroyed and they stayed put, rather than retargeting.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast