Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Level 21+ Tactical Ops Center Leaders

Thanks for the responses. I'll pass the feedback on to the design team.

Just to clarify, the way the L21+ TOC leaders work is that when a leader reaches L21, it "morphs" into a random specialization (e.g., the Tactics leader either becomes a Defensive or Offensive Tactics leader, randomly). Yes, it will take quite a while to get a L40 leader of each type - this is intentional, to provide advanced players with something to work towards over a long period of time. The bonuses from TOC leaders are army-wide/base-wide so they're quite a bit more powerful than ordinary leaders.

What I know so far- we're considering removing the drawbacks from L21+ TOC leaders entirely, as it seems like the different specialization bonuses are enough to differentiate them. Also, we're aware that there is increasing pressure on Warehouse space as we've been adding more new items to the game. It's likely we will boost the Warehouse max level and/or increase the number of slots at current levels some time in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Just to clarify, the way the L21+ TOC leaders work is that when a leader reaches L21, it "morphs" into a random specialization (e.g., the Tactics leader either becomes a Defensive or Offensive Tactics leader, randomly) ...

What I know so far- we're considering removing the drawbacks from L21+ TOC leaders entirely ...
    Remove the random stats and negatives and allow the ToC Leaders to be trained in either spec slot. Consider the following scenario; Resource Leader Edision and the Resource Training Spec are (E). Offensive Leader Savage and the Offensive Spec is (O). Allowing either leader to cross train specs presents four potential options:

EE - Edision with Lvl 21+ resource spec (pure production, repair, and training).
    EO - Edision with Lvl 21+ offensive spec (hybrid with a focus on production, repair, and training).
    OE - Savage with Lvl 21+ resource spec (hybrid with a focus on offense).
    OO - Savage with a Lvl 21+ offensive spec (pure offense).

There's a lot of play time and effort to max one out which keeps players committed to the game without penalizing them with a bad randomization at Lvl 21. As much time and effort as it takes to build a Lvl 20 ToC leader I absolutely will not risk a bad dice roll then shrug my shoulders and say, "Oh well, I'll just build another one." Speaking for myself at least, I have not and will not bother with ToC Leaders over 20 in their current iteration or future iterations which include random or negative stats.

I will add one caveat, if negative stats needed to be incorporated into advanced builds then remove the cooldown timer on swapping Leaders so one can hit a base or two while on break or making dinner, then switch back. Dev's should have the payments stats ... how many people are actually paying gold to reduce the cooldown on swapping Leaders? The cooldown on Leaders actually dissuades me from actively playing unless I can devote more than one hour of playtime in a single session.

Also, we're aware that there is increasing pressure on Warehouse space as we've been adding more new items to the game. It's likely we will boost the Warehouse max level and/or increase the number of slots at current levels some time in the future.
    This is the wrong move. Warehouse slots are fine. Add extra slots to the units so we can use equipment purchased with ONP rather than having them rot in the warehouse. FASCAM is a fun and neat set of items which provide an easy achievement for new players and a sense of accomplishment. For advanced players FASCAM is junk rotting in the warehouse as soon as they can afford laser sights. FASCAM is a quaint little trick with minimal value. Allowing FASCAM to be equipped as a fourth item in conjunction with ballistic armor and laser sights is not going to be overpowing in the slightest.

Expanding FASCAM as a fourth slot allows for further implementation with other units. I would absolutely LOVE FASCAM for my Pals!

Repair Kits are another quirkly item rotting in warehouses. This was a nifty idea which exploded on the launchpad due to the poor unit selection. Aside from riflemen, no one uses those units for combat. Equiping an item to speed repair time on units which are never used is pointless. Expanding Repair Kits to addtional units as a fifth slot could potentially provide some benefit.

Since I'm on a roll here, please for the love of God fix the UI: https://thunder-run.battlehouse.com/...ature-requests!

Quote Originally Posted by firescue17 View Post
    This is the wrong move. Warehouse slots are fine. Add extra slots to the units so we can use equipment purchased with ONP rather than having them rot in the warehouse. FASCAM is a fun and neat set of items which provide an easy achievement for new players and a sense of accomplishment. For advanced players FASCAM is junk rotting in the warehouse as soon as they can afford laser sights. FASCAM is a quaint little trick with minimal value. Allowing FASCAM to be equipped as a fourth item in conjunction with ballistic armor and laser sights is not going to be overpowing in the slightest.

Expanding FASCAM as a fourth slot allows for further implementation with other units. I would absolutely LOVE FASCAM for my Pals!

Repair Kits are another quirkly item rotting in warehouses. This was a nifty idea which exploded on the launchpad due to the poor unit selection. Aside from riflemen, no one uses those units for combat. Equiping an item to speed repair time on units which are never used is pointless. Expanding Repair Kits to addtional units as a fifth slot could potentially provide some benefit.

Since I'm on a roll here, please for the love of God fix the UI: https://thunder-run.battlehouse.com/...ature-requests!
    I completely agree with the warehouse slots/additional equipment slots for units - Some of us have been suggesting that for a long time.

As for leaders... I've never liked the random part about it, like firescue17 mentioned "Oh well, I just build another one" is not going to happen. I lucked out on both of my leaders lvl20+. Although, being lvl33+ now, it's getting harder and harder to accumulate the necessary (RARE) hardware.

Regarding the GUI fix, I believe firescue17 means this link: http://www.battlehouse.com/games/pl/...uqd5qxwxcr65qo

I agree that the design of unit equipment items kind of went off the rails. The original intention was to have many swappable items to suit different battle situations. What actually happened is that we ended up with a handful of items that just sit in the slot permanently instead of being swapped out. In that case, those probably should have been introduced as researchable techs and not items. The design team is aware of this and working on better ways to handle growth of game content in the future. (TOC leaders do seem to make more sense to swap - we put in the cooldown because otherwise you'd just get the maximum of all available bonuses by swapping before each battle or upgrade; the cooldown forces a bit of strategic choice).

edit: Thanks for pointing out the GUI mockup. I like the idea of making boosts accessible in combat.

Quote Originally Posted by danburrito View Post
    Regarding the GUI fix, I believe firescue17 means this link: http://www.battlehouse.com/games/pl/...uqd5qxwxcr65qo
    I was referring to my original link with dozens of requests for UI improvements. Granted most were made by me; however, UI and webdesign is my profession.

... [Unit Equipment] ... probably should have been introduced as researchable techs and not items.
    If by researchable you're implying something akin to the dps and hp boosts from hardware upgrades, that is an interesting concept.

TOC leaders do seem to make more sense to swap - we put in the cooldown because otherwise you'd just get the maximum of all available bonuses by swapping before each battle or upgrade; the cooldown forces a bit of strategic choice.
    If a player has put in the multiple hundreds of hours to develop an advanced ToC Leader they SHOULD be able to get the maximum bonuses. I appreciate the concept but I don't feel it fits with the genre of the game. This is a Facebook game, not a console or PC game (as generally understood, I know FB runs on a computer). I would contend this genre is generally played in short bursts as opposed to hours long gaming sessions.

Thanks for the correct link, we'll take a look at that.

btw, code to allow using boosts from the combat item bar has been checked in and will be deployed soon

code to allow using boosts from the combat item bar has been checked in and will be deployed soon
    Awesome. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by firescue17 View Post
    I was referring to my original link with dozens of requests for UI improvements. Granted most were made by me; however, UI and webdesign is my profession.
    This link, then: https://thunder-run.battlehouse.com/...9gxq5k5eo83dhe . The one you posted only leads to the channel, not the actual post.

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron View Post
    Hi Commanders,

We're excited to announce that Tactical Ops Center leaders can now be upgraded to L40! Leaders now gain NEW random bonuses at L21+. Use your Leader Barracks and start upgrading today!

What is your ideal TOC leader set-up?
    Considering the recent boost to TOC leaders, can we get some updated screenshots please?

Good point, I'll alert the community team, and put a temporary note in the OP.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12