Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alts

Alts

How does Spin Punch profess to comply with Facebook policy by allowing alts accounts?

Facebook policy is one account per person. Not "oh we only enforce it on some servers to test our code detection" that doesn't work.

Battlehouse =/= Facebook

What!? I don't believe that! Two companies with different names are not the same company? Next you're going to say Wal-mart and Target aren't the same company.

App developers are required to comply with Facebooks limitations: https://developers.facebook.com/policy/
    • Keep Facebook user IDs within your control. Contract with any providers who help you build or run your app to ensure that they keep the user IDs secure and confidential and comply with our policies.
    • Respect the limits we've placed on Facebook functionality.
    • You are responsible for restricting access to your content in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.

There's no off Facebook app, therefore Spin Punch needs to be complying with Facebooks policies. Spin Punch is the only developer I have encountered to enforce the alt policy at thier whimsy.

Facebook does not care, believe it or not. More users means more revenue in advertisement, etc. And that being said, all the times you hear about Facebook checking up on some account is only because it has been reported.

P.S.: Spin Punch changed the name to Battlehouse.

P.P.S.: Wal-Mart =/= Target

Facebook sure as heck does care. Why do you think they're in the news all the time regarding the public response to Facebook's single user, true identity policy for gender diferentiated (?) persons. It's because the policy is reviewed and enforced.

Quote Originally Posted by danburrito View Post
    ... all the times you hear about Facebook checking up on some account is only because it has been reported.
    Of course they only check when it's reported. That's the point of reporting it. This is the only developer I have experienced which does whatever they feel like in regards to alts.

P.S. It's !=

Quote Originally Posted by firescue17 View Post
    Of course they only check when it's reported. That's the point of reporting it.
    If people have nothing better to do than more power to them.

Quote Originally Posted by firescue17 View Post
    P.S. It's !=
    Thank you, I am aware of that. But keep in mind, not everybody is adept enough in coding or math to know that, so =/= is understood more easily.

Thanks firescue17

Have you tested our new anti-alt region?

I shouldn't have to. Alt accounts are against Facebook policy. Ya know, the policies SpinPunch agreed to abide by when it developed the games which fund it's profits. Manage the game.

I guess I'll make fake accounts and flood the map with 30 to 40 blocker batts, friendly bubbles, and unlimited reinforcement calls to exploit the maximum battalion size.

firescue17, youre just saying all of these because you dont have any alts or maybe you just dont use them at all. Alts exist so gamers like us can support ourselves especially in doing events and the likes.. of course without abusing the alt policy issued by Battlehouse unlike the other players who has made 50+ alts so he can farm them for easy PVP and resources. Having an alt is already a big advantage enough especially if its already level 30+ and of course just like what I said earlier, without abusing it by any means.

That's obvious.

I don't have any because they're not "supposed" to allowed. I recognize the naivete of that statment which doesn't change the fact every game on Facebook is "supposed" to disallow alt accounts. This is the only game of the dozen or so Facebook PVP games I have encountered which does absolutely nothing to moderate them and further more implicitely encourages players to violate Facebook policy through the dedicated "no alt" servers.

Exploiting friendly bubbles from oneself to prevent attack is abuse.
    Exploiting the maximum battalion size with unlimited reinforcement calls from oneself is abuse.
    Exploiting unit pathing while flooding the map with 30 or 40 blocker batts to surround and protect onself while attacking an AFK player is abuse.
    Flooding the map with blocker batts from low level alts in the teens which are level locked and immune to retaliation is abuse.

The position that alts increase gold purchases is a fallacy. The alts are rarely leveled throwaway accounts. No one is spending money on them.
    The main account being supported by the alts has no need to buy gold because they're immune to excessive loses and tit-for-tat retaliation. No one is spending money on them either.

Due to the unique aspects of this game's mechanics a single player is able to run rampant through a map wreaking havoc with impunity. The only purpose of an alt IS to abuse and exploit the mechanics.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast