Thread: New Max and Effective Turret Ranges

New Max and Effective Turret Ranges

Announcing new, longer ranges for Auto-Cannon and Devastator turrets!

This week we're launching an experiment that increases the range of defensive turrets to boost their power against attacking units - but with an accuracy trade-off. Keep reading for details!

In this update, we're renaming the original turret "Range" stat to "Effective Range." These numbers stay the same as they were before the update. But in addition, we're adding a new "Max Range" stat that allows turrets to hit beyond the effective range, with an accuracy penalty.

The new "Max Range" stats will reach 50% beyond current "Range", allowing turrets to hit further than they could before this update.

When an enemy unit is within the "Max Range", a turret will start shooting. However, the turret has a chance to miss shots taken at ranges beyond the "Effective Range". The chance to miss is 0% at "Effective Range" and gradually rises to almost 100% at "Max Range". For example, a turret shooting a target that's half-way between "Effective Range" and "Max Range" will miss 50% of its shots, cutting average DPS in half at that long distance.

In summary, this update boosts the range at which Auto-Cannon and Devastator turrets can shoot by 50%, but with reduced DPS for ranges beyond the pre-update range.

What do you guys think about the changes? Share your feedback below!

i just started to play and think its great...but i am wondering how much in gold it will take to get and maintain them??...if any that is...lol

Quote Originally Posted by CSparrow View Post
    i just started to play and think its great...but i am wondering how much in gold it will take to get and maintain them??...if any that is...lol
    If by maintain you mean repair when damaged, you can always use resources if you don't have gold, it shouldn't be a problem

I think overall that the new, longer ranges for Auto-Cannon and Devastator turrets are a good idea but I see a problem. How can lower level players that not have done all the events and not got the new units hit and earn enough game coins to get them? Make the cannons and devastator as they were in event bases.

Quote Originally Posted by Dude View Post
    I think overall that the new, longer ranges for Auto-Cannon and Devastator turrets are a good idea but I see a problem. How can lower level players that not have done all the events and not got the new units hit and earn enough game coins to get them? Make the cannons and devastator as they were in event bases.
    Hello, this is indeed an interesting observation. I shall share this with the rest of the team. Hopefully the developers would consider your suggestion.

The cannons should have stayed the same in the event and epic bases but changed in the player bases only.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Wolf2161 View Post
    The cannons should have stayed the same in the event and epic bases but changed in the player bases only.
    The dev team do make adjustments with event bases to maintain balance. I wouldn't expect these event bases to be easy though, remember they provide you special tokens you can use to buy special blueprints. These blueprints are supposed to be a symbol of your achievements. If AI bases become easy then even a very new and fresh player can achieve blueprints easily and the value of these blueprints will be lowered.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Wright View Post
    The dev team do make adjustments with event bases to maintain balance. I wouldn't expect these event bases to be easy though, remember they provide you special tokens you can use to buy special blueprints. These blueprints are supposed to be a symbol of your achievements. If AI bases become easy then even a very new and fresh player can achieve blueprints easily and the value of these blueprints will be lowered.
    We can get blueprints from the war chest itself, not likely but with luck even a level 10 can have a stryker or a maxed razer.