Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hardware Event Bases

Hardware Event Bases

SP needs to setup event bases so that you must kill TOC's to get all the hardware. 60k hardware base should be 10 or 15k each little depo and the rest in Toc to get base killed and replaced. to many people hitting just hardware and leaving base unfinished.

That's a great idea. Really annoying to look for hw bases and find nothing but a box of chocolates with a bite out of each one.

This has already been posted before, and I seriously doubt anyone will do anything about it.

Well, the root problem is they are charging millions of hardware for upgrades... and single player only provides thousands... ok... 250k if you do all 24 levels.. WOW... so I need 1.3 million hardware for an upgrade.... I don't need the resource especially.. just the hardware... so don't put me down if I only take the hardware and LEAVE for someone else that may need it - the resource .... you just wait until you get to where you need 1 million or 2 million in hardware - let's see you cry then about where to get it.

I'm still trying to get the upgrades that cost less than 1 million hardware, the point is you can put the hardware in the TOC and still have players get the amount they need. As for the 2 million you need why not hit the high levels bases?

I hit the bases that I can. Apparently, unlike a lot of players.. I don't hit stuff that's going to cost me 10x more in repair than I get out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by ValJean View Post
    I'm still trying to get the upgrades that cost less than 1 million hardware, the point is you can put the hardware in the TOC and still have players get the amount they need. As for the 2 million you need why not hit the high levels bases?

No, no, John. You are a level 50+, that means you are only allowed to hit high level AI bases. You know, the ones that are really hard, and do not make much sense attacking.
    You mean to tell me that I need accumulate 3 million in supply and fuel and 16 hours for repairs to gain 1 million of each and some hardware?
    Big gain, small losses. Why would you play any other way? Why would anybody?

Quote Originally Posted by john_k_butler View Post
    Well, the root problem is they are charging millions of hardware for upgrades... and single player only provides thousands... ok... 250k if you do all 24 levels.. WOW... so I need 1.3 million hardware for an upgrade.... I don't need the resource especially.. just the hardware... so don't put me down if I only take the hardware and LEAVE for someone else that may need it - the resource .... you just wait until you get to where you need 1 million or 2 million in hardware - let's see you cry then about where to get it.
    This is the other half of the argument players refuse to acknowledge. When my character was lower level, and even now when I *need* resources, I'm happy to find a leftover base where someone has thinned out the units. Easy reso for me.

Working as intended. There are 10s of more important items which need to be addressed before mucking with hardware distribution.

i have to agree. The argument that large lvl players should only do the larger event bases is BS. Why should i take unnecessary losses? I'll play whatever bases make the most sense to me, i deserve to get the most bang for my buck as much as anyone, maybe even more so since i've put in the time that some others havn't. I'm not a big fan of only taking HW but each to his own, i would never attack anyone over it.

Quote Originally Posted by apocolypse View Post
    i have to agree. The argument that large lvl players should only do the larger event bases is BS. Why should i take unnecessary losses? I'll play whatever bases make the most sense to me, i deserve to get the most bang for my buck as much as anyone, maybe even more so since i've put in the time that some others havn't. I'm not a big fan of only taking HW but each to his own, i would never attack anyone over it.
    Then why bother having the higher level event bases (you know the L38-L48 bases) if nobody is ever going to hit them, this also applies to the ONP bases as well?
    Create more lower level bases, ditch the higher level bases and put the hardware in the TOC so people aren't wasting time scouring the map and calling battts to bases that have no hardware.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast