Thread: Alt Abuse

Alt Abuse

This issue may be the equivalent of voter fraud in the real world (ie: almost zilch), but I just got curious about it, so my 2 cents (or maybe just trackers):

The TOS and a FAQ deal with alt abuse, but in no way define or provide examples of what constitutes abuse. Perhaps SpinPunch thinks there are too many possible situations for them to delineate them all. So, what if we ask specific questions for specific scenarios? Can we then get an answer as to what is or isn't abuse, and also what is a likely penalty for such abuse? It hardly seems reasonable to punish anyone for committing an offense about which they have no foreknowledge.

For example, I'll presume for one alt to provide resources to another by allowing a base hit would be abuse. It would be nice if SpinPunch would explain a) why that is abuse, b) what would be the penalty, and c) *how or whether Spinpunch would be aware of such an act, since players generally cannot tell who is an alt.

How about a player's multiple alts hitting the same base? Is that abuse?

Alts defending alts, either bases or batts? Abuse or not?

Is there any limit on #'s of alts? 10 okay? 20? More?

*Does abuse only exist if players report it? Or does SpinPunch monitor game play in such a way as to be able to detect same? Because if it's the former, then it makes the game totally prone to alt abuse as long as players cannot know who's alts are whose. Not only that, but even according to SpinPunch's own policy a reporting player may not find out whether what they reported was abuse or not, nor will anyone else.

A list of do's and don't's would be nice, and you only need to caution that it's not all-inclusive. Abuse is a meaningless word, if left undefined, and all games need their rules for participating spelled out.

(Plus, I'm posting this to show these forums are worthwhile, as there's not much engagement here by players, yet.)

Quote Originally Posted by LcdDrmr View Post
    This issue may be the equivalent of voter fraud in the real world (ie: almost zilch), but I just got curious about it, so my 2 cents (or maybe just trackers):

The TOS and a FAQ deal with alt abuse, but in no way define or provide examples of what constitutes abuse. Perhaps SpinPunch thinks there are too many possible situations for them to delineate them all. So, what if we ask specific questions for specific scenarios? Can we then get an answer as to what is or isn't abuse, and also what is a likely penalty for such abuse? It hardly seems reasonable to punish anyone for committing an offense about which they have no foreknowledge.

For example, I'll presume for one alt to provide resources to another by allowing a base hit would be abuse. It would be nice if SpinPunch would explain a) why that is abuse, b) what would be the penalty, and c) *how or whether Spinpunch would be aware of such an act, since players generally cannot tell who is an alt.

How about a player's multiple alts hitting the same base? Is that abuse?

Alts defending alts, either bases or batts? Abuse or not?

Is there any limit on #'s of alts? 10 okay? 20? More?

*Does abuse only exist if players report it? Or does SpinPunch monitor game play in such a way as to be able to detect same? Because if it's the former, then it makes the game totally prone to alt abuse as long as players cannot know who's alts are whose. Not only that, but even according to SpinPunch's own policy a reporting player may not find out whether what they reported was abuse or not, nor will anyone else.

A list of do's and don't's would be nice, and you only need to caution that it's not all-inclusive. Abuse is a meaningless word, if left undefined, and all games need their rules for participating spelled out.

(Plus, I'm posting this to show these forums are worthwhile, as there's not much engagement here by players, yet.)
    In my email to spinpunch to clarify this at one point... They merely stated, Abuse indicates hacking and/or cheating (such as altering codes or using technicalities to fake the system). So no gameplay method using an alt would be considered abuse, and if you only use the characters as you would use a primary, you should not fear any disciplinary action from Spin-punch.

I would also like to note that they concluded the email with a firm warning that it is against Facebook TOS to hold more than one account as an individual, and they did recommend against violating Facebook TOS.

Quote Originally Posted by ocnod View Post
    In my email to spinpunch to clarify this at one point... They merely stated, Abuse indicates hacking and/or cheating (such as altering codes or using technicalities to fake the system). So no gameplay method using an alt would be considered abuse, and if you only use the characters as you would use a primary, you should not fear any disciplinary action from Spin-punch.

I would also like to note that they concluded the email with a firm warning that it is against Facebook TOS to hold more than one account as an individual, and they did recommend against violating Facebook TOS.
    This is the standard Spin that puts the Punch in Spinpunch.

Fact is, there is a direct conflict in Facebook and Spinpunch policy. Facebook forbids fake accounts - Spinpunch rewards them. Based on this blatant fraud, Spinpunch should be liable for refunds to players for all money spent on their games under these fraudulent circumstances created by Spinpunch in violation of Facebook policy.

The dramatic imbalance in gameplay arises when Facebook bans fake (alt) accounts in English speaking regions while it completely ignores fake Facebook accounts from international regions. If you are in Canada, the US, UK, Europe or Australia, Facebook demands you have a government ID to prove you are a real person. Other areas of the world - no such demand of proof is made.

In international regions of Spinpunch games, some players have well over 40 fake alt accounts. Mostly from the Philippines and Asia where it is possible that people don't have a government ID at all. Many of these players use Anonymox or another IP masking tunnel to play from the US servers. That too is a violation of Facebook policy. I have reported players doing that and admitting it (in screenshots) - Spinpunch has ignored those advisories.

The biggest mistake made by Spinpunch was to open the English speaking regions to the hoards of fake accounts from these international areas. The game has become inherently unfair when you see hundreds of fake accounts being used to attack one single player at the same time. I have that screenshot - I wish I could post it here for all to see.

Spinpunch has no interest in controlling the abusive players with dozens of alt accounts no different than banning players who make pronouncements throughout the global game chat that another player is a child molester. I reported that the other night - with a screenshot. What did Spinpunch do? They refer to that game troll and persistent abuser as "your nemesis".

Dismissing abusive players as "your nemesis" simply gives them permission to continue broadcasting in game chat that others are sex offenders or child molesters. In fact, threats have also been made against players and one player had his children threatened while attending their school. The in-game harassment has become stalking the real world. Too much personal Facebook information can turn game play into something quite different - and it isn't fun when the police are involved.

When is ANY of this ever appropriate for a game?

When will the Facebook-Spinpunch fake account (alt) fraud end with a class-action lawsuit?

So gary i am so tired of you complaining about alts and the abuses im going to supply spinpunch with the proof that this is an alt account. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. if as you say you have really quit the game then stop crying in the forums no one really cares. this is painfully clear to everyone but you. just stop crying and get to your pressing medical situation

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
    So gary i am so tired of you complaining about alts and the abuses im going to supply spinpunch with the proof that this is an alt account. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. if as you say you have really quit the game then stop crying in the forums no one really cares. this is painfully clear to everyone but you. just stop crying and get to your pressing medical situation
    Well Nolan, we all know Stuart is your alt, including Spinpunch. Don't worry about anyone else's "medical situation" other than your own: Trollitis.

Amazing how Spinpunch has never clearly defined the terms "alt" nor "alt abuse".

It has everything to do with the revenue Spin gets from the proliferation of fake accounts - a real boost from Third World countries like Canada, the Philippines, Indonesia, Russia and other fake-account garbage cans.

Seems like someone is upset. did your alt get found out?

Hi Guys, The full Alternate Account policy can be reviewed here: http://bit.ly/1TJbVOC. have you seen this yet? This has been posted since 2013 but if you find this lacking of other information please let me know precisely what info you want added and I'll see if Luke can add them.

Sam

Hi,

Same IP address = Alt?
    But if only 1 computer in the family...All the Gamer will be considered like Alt?

the law has clearly stated

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Wright View Post
    Hi Guys, The full Alternate Account policy can be reviewed here: http://bit.ly/1TJbVOC. have you seen this yet? This has been posted since 2013 but if you find this lacking of other information please let me know precisely what info you want added and I'll see if Luke can add them.

Sam
    after doing my homework spinpunch is not free from a class action law suit they can and will be sued from taking a game online stating free game or free play changed the minute they offer you to buy anything even if it is a penny worth the law is very clear on this matter second spinpunch will then be investagated threw the FBI due to the fact if they indeed allow an alt account be made threw any form of unknow soruce it will be put on the black list for possible supporting terrm groups around the world which holds a 30 plus year jail senentence spinpunch is far above the law facebook since said if they find spinpunch to not do nothing about this they can and will be removed from the platform facebook does not want to get into a class action lawsuit to where it involves a game they are not blind to this matter however a lawyer who is now filing a lawsuit a class action lawsuit will make facebook open there eyes real quick and will be pushing back on spin and im sure in the coming weeks spin is going to have to make some very hard choices in this matter what is going to happen 1st facebook being sued in class action 2nd spin punch is the being sued in class action law suit and 3rd facebook now open a new law sue agaisnt spin punch now spin punch is getting sued from 2 diff ppl which means all banks account may be frozen all ass frozen till lawsuit can be settle either in or out of court its is a very easy fix but spin punch has let greed get in the way so i will be posting here in the next few days with the name and phone number of the lawyer who has agreeded to take on the class action lawsuit i have no problem paying out 3500.00 to get this off the ground when over 2000 ppl join the fight spin punch finds themselves now looking from the outside in and we will be the ones getting the last laugh here since spin punch has been laughing and thinking they are untouchable till now have fun the game should of had been fixed way before this