Thread: random idea - "down payment"

random idea - "down payment"

Random idea for how to deal with the steep upgrade costs and the difficulty of saving w/o coining.

You can pick one item at a time that you want to do, such as "research an upgrade", "upgrade a building", or "build a unit".

If you don't have the res to do so, the game automatically deducts what you do have to lock in as a "down payment", and activity on _____ will be in a "paused" state. From then on, the account balances will read as negative numbers, the numbers being what you still owe. Every time you earn resources or hardware, the amount is put towards paying down what you owe; in other words, all economic activity - including repairing your batts without coining or using repair kits if you're in the hole for fuel and/or supply - goes towards paying everything down until such time as the total hits 0 again. Once all three accounts are back to 0 or showing a positive balance, the activity in question will begin.

How's that sound?

Thank you for the suggestion. I'd like to hear what other players think about this too. What the team really wants is to avoid any scenario that can be abused in the game which is why I like to hear the discussion on this feedback.

we do not want to allow things that can be abused

Quote Originally Posted by bh-alan View Post
    Thank you for the suggestion. I'd like to hear what other players think about this too. What the team really wants is to avoid any scenario that can be abused in the game which is why I like to hear the discussion on this feedback.
    then why do you allow ring of fire lik where two people surounad a base in such a way that they canhold the base where you cant ge in for extended periods of time they do this all the time n 222 and also they will hold your base for 5 min at a time for 200 waves over a day i have seen that done but to me that is abuse of both of those situations the players that happened to no longer play because of it

why did stop no map for that were good gothere fix base up with get hit now cant I like see it bring back so no one hit none map please bring back if some have trouble games go there try work out wat wong with get hit al time please have think about thank

Quote Originally Posted by bigbrew View Post
    then why do you allow ring of fire lik where two people surounad a base in such a way that they canhold the base where you cant ge in for extended periods of time they do this all the time n 222 and also they will hold your base for 5 min at a time for 200 waves over a day i have seen that done but to me that is abuse of both of those situations the players that happened to no longer play because of it
    What map is this on DoV so I can ask someone to monitor it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
    why did stop no map for that were good gothere fix base up with get hit now cant I like see it bring back so no one hit none map please bring back if some have trouble games go there try work out wat wong with get hit al time please have think about thank
    If I'm not mistaken there is non in DoV since the start. I presume this is from Thunder Run.