Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fix the buff slots already

Fix the buff slots already

Regardless of the plethora of buffs available, we're limited to 4 buffs. Fine. Whatever.

Fix all the junk fillers from using those buffs slots: missile cooldowns, TOC leader cooldowns, resource boosts, repair speed boosts, research speed boosts, build speed boosts.

Resource boosts should not clog up the limited space available for combat boosts. Cooldowns shouldn't clog up anything!

Going into 2018 I hope to god SP fixes some of the long-standing bugs which have plagued the game since inception.

Hi Ghost - got the feedback, thanks,

We have the ability to mark individual auras as not counting against the limit; I think we may have missed a few though, like the missile heat cooldowns. Will check on this.

I checked over your previous fix request list again and made sure we logged them. I have a couple of questions for clarification:

Fix the generator exploit
    By this do you mean the delay between generator damage and base de-powering, which is often more than it should be?

Fix the bugged Hist List maps which don't end properly when all the buildings and units are destroyed.
    Can you post a link to a replay where this happens?

Add a button to open the "You've been attacked" login summary. Currently, once the summary window is closed it's gone forever.
    Would it help if we mirrored some of that information on the standard Battle Log, e.g. resource costs to the attacker? If so, what pieces of information are the most important?

Fix item boost descriptions to accurately reflect that the item boost applies to the entire family of units.
    Can you send us an example of an item description that's inaccurate? Do you mean things like boosts that affect both the Elite and non-Elite version of a unit?

The GUI fix ideas are good, I'll bring those around. We've chatted about the ones that affect building balance/upgrade progression but the general reaction is that many of these proposals would be too risky in terms of deviating from the working TR balance model.

Quote Originally Posted by GHØST View Post
    Fix the bugged Hist List maps which don't end properly when all the buildings and units are destroyed.
    Quote Originally Posted by bh-dan View Post
    Can you post a link to a replay where this happens?
    Here are 3 from just today's batch. All of these didn't time out when all enemies and buildings were destroyed. I had to manually end the battle.

1. Replay
    2. Replay
    3. Replay

Fix the generator exploit.
    By this do you mean the delay between generator damage and base de-powering, which is often more than it should be?
    No, the delay is understandable due to lag and time/step calculations. I'm talking about the fact that a single, regular rifleman can plink 1 bullet into a maxed out generator; at which point the power output goes to zero. The reduction in power output should scale with damage taken:

• 25% damage = 75% output
    • 50% damage = 50% output
    • 75% damage = 25% output

Under the current model, provided one has enough power output to run their base there is zero benefit in upgrading generators past that point.

Add a button to open the "You've been attacked" login summary. Currently, once the summary window is closed it's gone forever.
    Would it help if we mirrored some of that information on the standard Battle Log, e.g. resource costs to the attacker? If so, what pieces of information are the most important?
    The nice thing about the "You've been attacked" login summary is it calculates cumulative damage from multiple waves. The battle log is fine as is. The login summary is fine as is, except that it's gone forever if one closes it. Just add a button somewhere to re-open the most recent window. It's not even necessary to archive the information, just display the most recent attack.

Fix item boost descriptions to accurately reflect that the item boost applies to the entire family of units.
    Can you send us an example of an item description that's inaccurate? Do you mean things like boosts that affect both the Elite and non-Elite version of a unit?
    Exactly. The e/stinger boosts, e/gaz boosts, e/btr boosts, e/T-90 boosts, the e/Ka-50 boosts; they're all inaccurate.

The only reason a player would know the boosts apply to both the regular and elite version is if they happened to find the thread here in the forum from months ago.

We've chatted about the ones that affect building balance/upgrade progression but the general reaction is that many of these proposals would be too risky in terms of deviating from the working TR balance model.
    Disregarding simultaneous mine repair and instant build walls for the time being, I find it impossible to believe the ability to add and remove leaders, relocate buildings, or view the building stats such as power usage while a building is "busy" would be game breaking.

Thank you for the info! Some updates from engineering:

As of this Thursday's update:

- Fuel/Supply boosts will no longer appear on the in-combat item hotbar
    - Hitlist victory not triggering when the last building destroyed will be fixed. This was actually due to unexploded enemy landmines, which were incorrectly holding up the automatic End Attack.
    - Various non-boost auras (Missile Heat etc) that were incorrectly counting against the player aura limit will be excluded from that count.

- Logged the request to make power loss proportional to Generator damage rather than all-or-nothing. We are also concerned about fixing the time lag, because it makes the combat effect quite different depending on network latency.

Questions for you:

- We can't repro the "Find Quarry" button not cycling into unoccupied quarries, can you point us to a specific map and coordinates where a quarry is not being counted in the cycle?

- Regarding the on-login "You've been attacked" info - to clarify, the main thing you want to know is your Base Damage % and the attacker's losses added up over the multiple waves, yes? The team is resisting adding another GUI button for this, but we'll consider how it might be possible to display the same info in an existing dialog.

- Viewing building stats while actions are in progress does sound possible, will check. (btw, we're hoping to open a web-based TR stat wiki using the same system from the FS field manual)

Well, this is awesome that BH is actually working with the players on improvements. While Ghost has many many requests, I only have 2. First can you please get rid of the info shot in the window shown? Secondly, can you PLEASE take another look at the shark tank levels???? At the very least, lie to me and tell me you will so that i will feel better for a couple days at least.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by apocolypse View Post
    Well, this is awesome that BH is actually working with the players on improvements. While Ghost has many many requests, I only have 2. First can you please get rid of the info shot in the window shown? Secondly, can you PLEASE take another look at the shark tank levels???? At the very least, lie to me and tell me you will so that i will feel better for a couple days at least.
    The request to remove the AI enemy of the week has been a long standing one. At least, make it collapsible. ONP can be shown next to hardware up on top.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast