Thread: the S command

the S command

Everyonenow and then uses the stay command (S key) so your unit(s) do not wander off. I think when you use that command the unit should be able to defend the spot its given. You watch videos of battles within your base or play backs from batt fights and the units you have given the S command to just get shot up and die . Think this would be a nice to have, you pay for these units with a lot of res would be nice if they fight without having to be moving.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom.597 View Post
    Everyonenow and then uses the stay command (S key) so your unit(s) do not wander off. I think when you use that command the unit should be able to defend the spot its given. You watch videos of battles within your base or play backs from batt fights and the units you have given the S command to just get shot up and die . Think this would be a nice to have, you pay for these units with a lot of res would be nice if they fight without having to be moving.
    They defend if enemy units come within shooting range. To actually have them engage the enemy when they come into "visual" range, use "A".

I want them to stay put A allows them to be baited. I have seen in videos the attacking unit side by side with same unit attacking and the unit being attacked did not even turn

I have seen in videos ...
    If you're referring to live streams and live captures, getting killed on the spot is usually due to be outranged.
    If you're referring to in-game replays, there any number of sync issues and incorrect animations. Replays are not a good reference upon which to judge unit behaviors.

Quote Originally Posted by GHØST View Post
    If you're referring to live streams and live captures, getting killed on the spot is usually due to be outranged.
    If you're referring to in-game replays, there any number of sync issues and incorrect animations. Replays are not a good reference upon which to judge unit behaviors.
    well i guess outranged would be a possibility but i had range booster of 50% set on my EKA's...and if the range booster does not work when i do not have control of the battle then that would be another issue

Did not think I would get an answer worth its while....they are pushing new weapons now and higher bldgs. The problem is that things we have are not being address. THe main crux of anyone having control over the battle is they can bait the enemy to victory. Having the S command lock down a unit that can effectively defend its position will cause the enemy to come up with new tactics, or use even more missles (witch can be countered). Since there are the haves and have nots of speed then the have nots should have a better way to counteract that speed. Everyone can bait....so lets slow that down. The way it is now while having a range booster on(the defender) have EKA's attack and watching your eka's not even fire back and die SUCKS

Did not think I would get an answer worth its while...
    What did you expect when you asked in a user forum?