Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Keyboard Shortcuts

Keyboard Shortcuts

Mars Frontier Keyboard Shortcuts: Updated July 15, 2012

Unit Control:
    A - "attack move"
    Click on ground: move to clicked location, but stop to fire at any enemies within range.
    Click on unit/building: shoot at this target. Will work on friendly units/buildings as well - be careful!

S - "hold position" (yellow circle under unit)
    Stay in place, but shoot at any enemies that come within range. (units may still move around a little bit to avoid bumping into each other)

R - "relentless pursuit" (red circle under unit)
    Pursue any enemy targets, no matter how far away they are.
    This mode is cancelled if you give the unit a different movement destination.

P - "patrol"
    Click anywhere to have the unit patrol back and forth along a path. Hold down SHIFT while clicking to create additional patrol waypoints. The unit will stop and fire at nearby enemies, then return to its patrol path. Works even in base defense while you are logged out.

Waypoints
    Hold down SHIFT while giving movement or attack-move orders to create waypoints. Units will proceed to the next waypoint after reaching the location or killing the target you clicked. You can use this together with the "a" key to tell a unit to fire at several targets in order.

Control Groups
    With units selected, press Ctrl-1,2,3,4,5 to assign the units to a control group. Then you can press the same number key to recall the selection. (this works exactly like most desktop RTS games such as StarCraft II).

User Interface:
    Escape - Exit current dialog
    Enter - Accept default (yellow) dialog button
    / - Open chat window
    Last edited by bh-dan; 07-16-2012 at 08:14 AM.

Hot keys
    A-should be removed-very annoying to have detenator hit your own base.

S-never knew -nice option works well

R-Makes no sence as doing so would cost you the unit in question-needs removed.

Thanks for the feedback!

We know Detonator Droids are somewhat clumsy to use. We're working on some improvements for those, stay tuned.

Some players have found "R" useful for base defense, particularly with Warbirds, as they are great at sweeping away invading air units. Of course it's generally best to keep units together in groups, as you know.

just tried them, pressed a, killed a water storage with a liberator lmao but i didnt know about keeping your units to one spot, nice one thanks

WTF!?!? I just pressed "E" with a detonator droid and it went into hyperdrive (speed up and gained a blue circle over its head) for a few seconds before just disappearing (when the circle finished winding down - like a clock) someone care to explain this?

EDIT: only works with detonator droids and has a glitch where the blue circle can be canceled out by navigating away from the page - otherwise pressing "E" will end up with them disappearing/being destroyed

You've discovered our experimental "special ability" feature . Right now it's just Detonator Droids - the "E" key speeds them up for 5 seconds (and then they explode). We're hoping to add more special unit abilities in the future...

@Dan: Is it possible to add some sort of option in screen itself to activate different commands instead of using keyboard shortcuts? This could be a flexibility for set of players who prefer only Mouse to use in the game. Thanks
    Last edited by HELLion; 08-16-2012 at 12:09 PM.

Help please. I'm a fairly new player and cannot get any of the keyboard commands to work. Not sure what is wrong but I have tried most everything. I can select a unit but have never gotten any colored circles indicating a specific function.
    I am particularly interested in using the "p" command.

I can't get any of these keyboard commands to work either...I agree with a previous post to have the commands on the screen because I hate having to get my keyboard out to work these commands.

We're working on a better way to display these keyboard shortcuts .

Make sure the game window is in "focus" by clicking on it at least once before trying the shortcuts. If that still doesn't work, could you let us know what browser(s) you are using? It may be a browser-specific issue.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast