New this week in Thunder Run:
Ambush Points & Strike Teams
Ever hear of a spider hole, Commander? Some of your troops had the bright idea to–get this–dig a hole in the ground and ambush incoming enemy troops. The engineers rigged a way to hook some of these into our command and control system, so now we can deploy Strike Teams to perimeter points around our base. As it turns out, it isn’t expensive to dig a hole in the ground. Ambush Point Blueprints are available in the Event Prizes Store for only 1000ONP.
- Ambush Points are similar to landmines. Build them, then click “View Stats” to add a “Strike Team” equip to the equipment slot.
- Like landmines, the number of Ambush Points you can build can be raised by researching techs in the Weapons Lab.
- Strike Teams can be purchased in the store. Currently, only Vanguard Company, an anti-infantry specialist team, is available for 1000ONP per squad.
- Unlike mines, Strike Teams are not destroyed when the Ambush Point triggers. Buy once and they stay put.
- Strike Teams are persistent. If an attacker retreats, they’ll stick around for the next fight.
More teams will be released in the near future and we’re considering other unit mixes. Is there a particular dream team you’d like to see in the field? Let us know over on Clan HQ.
New Level 2 Unit Equipment
Gundar Arms Industries has officially unveiled new weapons technologies for several popular units, and 3 new sets are now available by purchasing Level 1 sets in the ONP Store and combining parts to make Level 2 sets!
Set #1 – Gaz Tigr:
- Gaz Tigr Laser Sights II – Improved Laser Sight technology that increases range by 5%
- Gaz Tigr Ballistic Armor MK II – Improved armor coating that reduces damage taken by 10%
- Gaz Tigr AP Ammunition II – The newest grade armor-piercing ammunition that increases damage by 10%
Set #2 – Mi-24D Hind:
- Mi-24D Hind Laser Sights II – Laser homing technology that increases range by 5%
- Mi-24D Hind Ballistic Armor MK II – Improved armor coating reduces damage taken by 10%
- Mi-24D Hind AP Ammunition II – The newest grade armor-piercing ammunition that increases damage by 10%
Set #3 – OH-58 Kiowa:
- OH-58 Kiowa Laser Sights II – Laser homing technology that increases range by 5%
- OH-58 Kiowa Ballistic Armor MK II – Improved armor coating reduces damage taken by 10%
- OH-58 Kiowa AP Ammunition II – The newest grade armor-piercing ammunition that increases damage by 10%
Check your Weapons Factory -> Equipment menu to get started upgrading unit equipment to L2. Just like L2 leaders, this process requires obtaining a second copy of the L1 item to perform the upgrade. L1 unit equipment is available as usual in the Store -> Event Prizes -> Unit Equipment menu.
Still require additional help? Check out this guide that walks you through the process.
L13 Rifleman Improvements
Newly recruited L13 Infantry rejoice! After careful consideration of overall unit usage combined with player feedback from the Battlehouse community, the L13 Rifleman build times have been decreased effective immediately.
Good hunting, Commanders!