Want to build war games?
As a game designer at Battlehouse you’re shipping content and features for browser-based real-time strategy games serving millions of hours of play in over 80 countries.
You’re working with startup co-founders on a leading-edge HTML5 game engine with an exceptional team from Lucasfilm and Disney. Your check-ins ship regularly to production servers and shape the future of the company.
What you create today builds the foundation of new browser-based and mobile titles that will become landmarks in the game industry.
We’re based in Canada with a distributed team, similar to Github, WordPress, and open source projects. Team members have freedom to work wherever they choose thanks to video conferencing and online collaboration tools. Past and current contributors travel the world while at Battlehouse, working out of Madrid, San Francisco, Seoul, Dallas, Banff, Toronto and Waterloo.
- Communicate with players and suggest new directions for game design
- Design and spec new game content
- Use data analytics (SQL) to thoroughly understand the games and how players play them
As an ideal candidate you:
- Have an interest in game design and content development (bonus points if you send us examples of previous game design work)
- Have a strong analytics background, including familiarity with SQL databases
- Enjoy RTS and/or MMO games on PC or mobile devices
- Communicate in English fluently
- Thrive in an independent, distributed work environment
Please send applications by email to: