New this week in Battlefront Mars:
Central Computer Level 9
🎄 Happy Holidays, Commanders! 🎄
We’ve been hearing your feedback loud and clear, and we’re ready to celebrate the holidays on Mars with the mega update you’ve all been patiently waiting for. Effective today:
The Central Computer level cap is raised to Level 9, paving the way for new maximum levels for your production, and storage buildings!
Elite Rainmaker & Marine Upgrades
Keep an eye on your Gunships, Commander! The Elite Rainmaker unit is here, along with some new maximum level upgrades for the Marine.
- The Elite Rainmaker is a spiffed up version of the Rainmaker that does more damage, and does splash damage.
- The Elite Rainmakers that have been on the event map bases have been replaced with “Mercenary Rainmakers” to avoid changing the gameplay difficulty balance.
- The Marine gets 2 more levels, and is now upgradeable to L12.
Turret System Update
The Mars Coalition has made a huge technology breakthrough, and our Turret Systems are ready for an overhaul!
- To update to the new “turret head system”, you’ll have to have at least Central Computer Level 4. Click any turret at your base, followed by the Update System button. This will allow you to build Turret Emplacements with changeable Turret Heads.
- Go to the Defense section in the Build menu to build a Turret Emplacement.
- Each Turret Emplacement has it’s own level, and each Turret Head has its own level independent of the emplacement.
- Click any built / completed Turret Emplacement followed by Change Weapon to build any unlocked Turret Head.
- After clicking Change Weapon, select the unlocked Turret Head that you’d like to build on that Turret Emplacement.
- Note: Currently only the Auto-Cannon, Thunder Cannon, and Devastator are enabled, but we’ll enable the Radiation Tower, EMP Cannon, and LRAT at a later date.
And that’s not all! We’ve also made some improvements to the settings menu interface!
- The settings menu is now scrollable, allowing for more player preference options.
- A new setting option now gives players the ability to toggle the mousewheel scrolling behavior for in-game chat, and regional map zooming.
- Soon more setting options will be added that allow players to toggle screen shaking effects, and in-game chat window orientation. Stay tuned!
Have feedback to share about this week’s releases? Let us know over in the “battlefront-mars” channel within our TR Discord Server.
Good hunting, Commanders!