New this week in Mars Frontier:
Voice of the Martian Updates
Heads up, Martians!
Our team has continued, and will continue, making tweaks to the new systems so as to make it easier for everyone to participate in our “Grand Finale.”
We are again thankful for those who keep on providing feedback so we can continue to try and make these last few months as fun and memorable as we can for everyone. Here are some changes to address a few of the issues and suggestions that you’ve brought forth to us.
Tweaks of the Week
- Splash area was too small that units are often unable to hit moving targets. Splash area has been doubled.
- Reduced HP penalty for DPS units by 20%
- Nerfed AI unit damage and HP.
- Slight boost to unit damage and HP for all player units.
- All other maps have closed. There are now only two maps.
- Tournament Map: Strongpoint Quarries now award combat bonuses in addition to quarry yield and text bonuses.
- Non-Tournament Map: Free base damage protection is now awarded more frequently.
- When units are selected a group, their speed is modified so they will stay closer together. As soon as they are no longer in a group they regain their normal speed.
- Group speed works this way: The difference between the speed of the slowest and largest is divided by the size of the group. The group then gets the minimum speed plus this, or +5%, whichever is smaller.
- The reason for this is to make it always worthwhile to group units, but not allow really slow units to travel super-rapidly around the map by also selecting an ultra-fast unit.
- Client: Will take another crack at improving targeting when a unit can do no damage.
- Combat Balance: Will be continuing evaluation of difficulty attacking and defending. Have made new script to instantly rework a base at a higher or lower CC tier in order to test different difficulties.
- The “Apocalypse” event is in the works.
- Reducing XP requirements for player levels so everyone has a chance to get to max level before the end.
- De-Monetization: We will be further increasing speed bonuses given by gold/alloy. Pre-closure announcement, you got crafting, repairs, upgrades, etc sped up by 3 minutes per gold/alloy. Currently, these get sped up by 6 minutes per gold/alloy. This will increase to 9 minutes on 12/1. Resource harvest rates will be increased on 12/1. The maximum craft/research/upgrade/etc time will also be reduced by 24 hours on 12/1.
Have feedback to share about this week’s releases? Let us know over in the “mars-frontier” channel within our TR Discord Server.
Good hunting, Martians!
MF: Voice of the Martian Updates – November 24th Patch Notes