New this week in Thunder Run:
Here’s a familiar face that’s had a little work done. Engineers from the United Arab Emirates took everyone’s favorite Russian armored vehicle and released a scaled-down version optimized for desert combat. The Nimr, popular across North Africa, has landed on Gundar. Armed with a TOW Missile Launcher and some serious speed, this vehicle is perfect for taking out those infamous armored artillery units. Think you can handle the Nimr’s lightning speed?
- Your drivers may be tempted to go drag racing in the desert. Check the mileage when they get home. The already-speedy Nimr gains a 15% speed buff when fighting on desert maps. This boost does not apply to battalion travel speed.
- The Nimr is equipped with a variable ordinance missile launcher. Currently it can only load anti-tank missiles, but with some modification it may eventually be able to launch anti-air missiles as well… Maybe it needs a coat of red paint.
- Heavy armor-piercing ammunition – this stuff blasts right through buildings without detonating and only scorches the eyebrows of enemy infantry, but will completely gut a heavy armored vehicle. Make sure to bring escorts if your Nimrs will face infantry.
To start building Nimrs, upgrade your Maintenance Bay to Level 8 and purchase the blueprints during the Scorpion ONP Event.
Updates to Barriers
We’ve been tinkering with our barrier setups, Commander. One of our engineers came up with a new concrete recipe using local mineral deposits, so our HESCO Barriers are much tougher than they were before. They should stand up much better to most weapons.
- All barriers have had their hit points significantly increased.
- Sappers and Truck Bombs do increased damage against barriers.
- Level 15 barriers are now available for TOC level 10+
Elite AH-64 L1 Unit Equipment
Gundar Arms Industries is rolling out a new set of Unit Equipment for the Elite AH-64, available this week on the front page of the Event Prizes Store:
- Elite AH-64 Laser Sights I – Laser homing technology that increase range by +3%
- Elite AH-64 Ballistic Armor MK I – Improved armor coating reduces damage taken by -10%
- Elite AH-64 Ammunition I – The newest grade armor-piercing ammunition increases damage by +7%