New this week in Thunder Run:
COVID-19 – Impact, Helping You Play & Stay Safe
As COVID-19 is making its way across the world, our utmost concern is the health and safety of not only our employees, but also our valued players while we all traverse through this difficult time together. During this time, we urge everyone to follow all guidelines established by both federal and local authorities. If everyone does their part to help mitigate the crisis it will enable all of us to come out the other side of this much sooner.
In the meantime, to help ensure that our players have ample opportunities for entertainment while many of us will be spending more time at home in the coming weeks, we’re offering a “one purchase per player” 50%-off gold sale, and extra free daily combat and base repair kits – both of which can be activated any time throughout at least the next 4 weeks.
- If you currently have a different sale offer running in-game, the 50%-off sale will start as soon as your current sale offer period ends.
- The extra free daily repair kits will be claimable via the “Daily Login Reward” system. The repair kits will show as the new reward for the “Daily Login Reward” system, but the normal daily rewards will also appear when you go to place the kits in your Warehouse.
- The home base repair kit has an expiration time of 18 hours, and the in-combat instant repair kit has an expiration of 30 minutes.
Also keep an eye out for Special Leader Upgrade Tokens that are available for purchase with Hardware this week only!
We hope this gesture makes an otherwise stressful time in everyone’s lives even the smallest bit better. More than that – we hope you all stay safe!
Level 16 Elite MSTA and Elite T90
The Level 16 Elite MSTA and Elite T90 are here.
As with the recent max unit level increases, your Level 16 Elite MSTA/T90s will feature improved stats and no increase in battalion space requirements. As with any improvement in power, there is an increase in cost, production time, and repair time.
The best part about it? No blueprints are required for upgrading. As long as you have TOC12 and the new building levels for your Academy and Barracks, you can upgrade away!
End-of-Season 17 Clan Tournament
From March 26th – April 2nd, 2020, rally your Clan and head to the regional map for your chance to be the strongest Clan of Season 17!
Be one of the Top Clans with the most Clan PvP Points to win between 3,000-10,000 Gold, divided evenly among the top 10 members of your clan.
Tournament ends on April 2nd, 2020 at 1700 GMT, at which point winners will be announced, prizes awarded, and leaderboards will be reset for the new season. It’s important to note that you should stay in the same Clan through the end of the tournament and for at least one hour afterward, until at least 1800 GMT to ensure your Clan’s prizes are scored correctly.
Season 18 Opens: April 2nd, 2020
The new season will begin immediately after the end of the tournament.
- For a sneak peak at what’s coming up next season in Battlehouse games, check out the Developer Roadmap in last week’s edition of the Battlehouse Dev Blog.
- To see where the design team currently stands on various Community suggested features and game improvements, check out the Thunder Run Voice of the Commander Tracker (new tracker coming soon).
- Have new feedback to share? Let us know over on our Thunder Run Discord Server.
- KONGREGATE PLAYERS ONLY: Thunder Run is going cross-platform! And it all starts with the merger of our long separated Facebook Gaming and Kongregate Thunder Run game worlds. At the start of the new season on April 2nd, the Kongregate version of Thunder Run will undergo some brief downtime wherein the Thunder Run app at Kongregate.com is going to be replaced with a new version. The new version will retire all Kongregate specific game maps, and merge all Kongregate players into the various regional maps that are available on the Facebook version of the game.
- Please note that any browser bookmarks or shortcuts you currently have set for Thunder Run on Kongregate will need to be reset after April 2nd as a fresh version of the game will be uploaded to Kongregate.com. (note: Facebook players are not affected by this update).
- Rest assured, all base progress currently obtained in the current Kongregate Thunder Run game world will carry over to the new version of Thunder Run after the downtime is over.
- Think you’ve got what it takes to be the Undisputed Ruler of Gundar? Prove it against the world!
What’s next in the cross-platform project? You’ll just have to stay tuned to find out! Who knows? You might end up seeing a Thunder Run desktop client in the near future, and lots more.
Good hunting, Commanders!