New this week in Thunder Run:
Elite Machine Gunner L2 Unit Equipment
Gundar Arms Industries is rolling out more upgradeable weapons technologies. Purchase more Level 1 equipment sets in the ONP Store, and combine the parts in the Weapons Factory to make all new Level 2 sets! This week the Elite Machine Gunners are getting some new gear.
- Elite Machine Gunner Laser Sights II – AN/PEQ-2 IR Laser Sight technology that increases range by 5%
- EliteMachine Gunner Ballistic Armor MK II – Improved kevlar that reduces damage taken by 10%
- Elite Machine Gunner GMC AP Ammunition II – The newest grade armor-piercing ammunition that increases damage by 10%
- Also adds set bonuses to give Elite Machine Gunners the 80% FASCAM shielding that the old shield equipment set had.
Collect the entire Level 2 Unit Equipment set to boost your Unit Equipment bonuses even higher!
Stinger Turret Upgrades
Our engineers just had a breakthrough on our Stinger Turrets, and they can now be made stronger than ever. The Stinger Turret level cap has been increased to Level 30!
To unlock it, purchase the Stinger Turret Blueprints from the ONP Store, research the tech in your Weapons Lab, and then Equip the new Weapon to one of your Turret Platforms!
“Friends Bar” Changes
Due to the changes in the Facebook API, all friend recruitment quests haven’t been working as intended. We’ve decided to disable these quests. If you completed one of these quests, you should see an achievement in the Legacy category:
“Congrats on being such a friendly person!”
For all Facebook games: you will no longer see the friend bar if you have no Facebook friends in game. If you still have the friend bar, you will no longer be prompted or be able to add new friends, but you can still send & receives gifts to the friends that you already have.
- Firestrike is not affected as it primarily uses the Battlehouse login system.
- Thunder Run players using the Kongregate platform are not affected.
- Battlefront Mars players using the Battlehouse login system are not affected.
In the future, we do plan on bringing back the “friends” bar, but more as a “clan bar.” We’re open to player feedback on how they’d like to see this implemented.
If you have any suggestions about this, or any general feedback you’d like to share, please let us know over on our Thunder Run Discord Server.
Please also let players know that longer term we plan to bring the “friends bar” back as a “clan bar”, and are open to player feedback on best ways to execute that.)
To see where the design team currently stands on various Community suggested features and game improvements, check out the Thunder Run Voice of the Commander Tracker (tracker will receive some clean-up and updates to formatting in the very near future).
We have some exciting news, announcements, and more waiting for you on our most recent edition of the Battlehouse Dev Blog.
Good hunting, Commanders!